Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Power in the Name of JESUS

As I sit here trying to type out and process my thoughts from last night, I’m left completely dumbfounded; sitting and staring at a completely blank page with nothing but a blinking cursor bar staring straight back at me, reminding me of the depth of my complete loss for words at all that the Lord revealed to me last night. Imagining all the different ways I could express and proclaim what God showed me, I quickly drift off into a world of my own, and wish that I could somehow extract all the images stored in my head from last night and document them into video form to share for the entire world to see. Because if the world could see what I saw last night, the world would be different. The world would be in awe. The world would be in shock. The world would fall on their knees in adoration of a Holy God who is worthy of all of our praises.




Partnering with this ministry, NightLight, has been such a double-edged sword. It is one of the most painful things I’ve ever done, but also one of the most fulfilling. It’s extremely discouraging, but I’ve never been more hopeful. It’s dangerously dark, but I’ve never experienced the power of the light quite as strongly as I have this past month. These streets are a place where Satan is worshipped and in control, but just the name of Jesus still turns heads and moves hearts. I’ve never experienced a place under such oppression and chains and slavery, but I’ve also never seen the freedom of the Lord move so swiftly and boldly through individual’s hearts and lives. Chains are being broken. Heaviness is being lifted. Hearts are being restored. Because Jesus has promised, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” And we are taking Him up on that promise, having full faith that He will restore and give rest to the hearts of His precious daughters in Atlanta.



Combating against the dark and evil forces of the sex industry is difficult and heavy, often even physically exhausting, but the Lord’s light shines brighter and speaks louder than any lie that Satan has spoken. Last night, my team and I did a prayer walk throughout one of the hotels where a lot of the mainstream prostitution takes place. We walked through all of the halls on every floor and proclaimed life and freedom through the Lord. However, I was in no way prepared for the heaviness of the atmosphere in this place. I was completely overtaken by the presence of the demonic forces to the point where I couldn’t breathe. I felt as though my heart was being clenched and my throat was closing. I could do nothing but cry and proclaim the very powerful name of Jesus. “Jesus” was all that I could get out of my mouth. “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!” But I can’t even begin to tell you the power in that prayer. The name of Jesus does wonders! It was as if every time I said “Jesus”, the death grip on my heart was loosened and one by one, weeds of Satan’s lies were being killed and torn back so that more light could shine through. My Jesus reigns! No matter how much control the enemy has, the power of the name of Jesus is never diminished. Every time I cried out “Jesus”, I could literally feel chains start to fall away and heaviness start to float away. Because where the Spirit of the Lord is, freedom reigns!



After our prayer walk through the hotel, we went to the site where one of the girls we had built a relationship with on the streets had been murdered just several days before I moved down here to Atlanta. We stood on the very ground where she was murdered and proclaimed life and repented for the sins of our generation. We repented for the sins of murder, idolatry, witchcraft, and sexual immorality that have taken over the people of this area. We then felt lead to worship the Lord, right there, on those grounds. So that’s exactly what we did. As we worshipped the Lord and sang out to Him though, I saw an angel. I wasn’t the only one. Two other girls on our team witnessed this angel as well. As our group stood in a circle and worshipped and sang, I looked up and about 50 feet away, I saw a bright shining person dancing and worshipping on the street next to us. At first thought, I thought maybe one of the members of our team had wondered over there to worship, but as I looked around at our group and noticed that every single one of our team members was standing right there with me, I was taken back by the realization that an angel was there in our presence, worshipping God right alongside us, claiming life over this dead area. Trusting that God makes ALL things new, and knowing that He wants to bring beauty and restoration to this area.



God is doing big things. These are only a few of the events from last night, but I felt lead to share them with you, my friends. Because once you see these things, and witness the Lord in all of His majesty and power in this way, everything else in life becomes so trivial and silly. I am so thankful and greatly blessed that the Lord has revealed Himself to me in this way. I am the last person who deserves to see Him and His goodness, but His grace is being poured out and dumped out on me in more ways than one and I can’t help but want to share it with you all. Please continue to keep my team and I in your prayers.



“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:

to loose the chains of injustice

and untie the cords of the yoke,

to set the oppressed free

and break every yoke?

Is it not to share your food with the hungry

and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—

when you see the naked, to clothe them,

and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

Then your light will break forth like the dawn,

and your healing will quickly appear;

then your righteousness[a] will go before you,

and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;

you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. “

-Isaiah 58:6-9

2 comments:

Adam said...

Keep going strong! Your words are so powerful! Thanks for sharing. Praying for you and the ministry!

ajay kumar said...

i also prayer for u.............facebok-site