Monday, December 27, 2010

Flashback Two Years

It's winter break...this, for me, means EAT and SLEEP, then repeat. And repeat again, and again, and again. It's an exciting pattern, folks. On this particular morning, I slept longer than normal and then dragged my lazy self up the stairs to go pour a bowl of Froot Loops (which I again ask myself why I chose these because they never fail to make me feel queasy). Anyhow, as I ate my breakfast, I took a trip down memory lane, looking through some old pictures. This memory lane's address happened to be Summer 2008- also known as the summer that I describe as the summer I had a heart transplant the Holy Spirit wrecked my life.

Okay, in all seriousness- the Lord got ahold of me in a dramatic way in the summer of 2008. And I thank Him almost every day for it. I can't imagine what I would be like now if I didn't have that little "intervention" in the summer of '08. Whew...I don't even want to think about the person I would be. PUKE.

My will was changed for His. My heart broke for what breaks His. He gave me a new hunger and a new passion for His word and His kingdom. It all happened at Camp Adventure, the week that I served on the cleaning/helping crew alongside my best friend. It's a long story, but as I was looking through these pictures of the week that it all changed, it brought back some great memories and I again thanked God for what He did in my heart two years ago.


ironically enough, the cleaning crew probably had the messiest room..





1 comment:

Kelley What said...

lovin the sassy braids cass! they really bring out your sass! and your pizazz! LOVE AND PEACE!